The village is a popular seaside resort during the holidays, and visitors return year after year for many generations. The beach is well known to surfers, boasting some of the best surf on the North Cornish coast, and remains popular for local enthusiasts even in the depths of winter! Being 'dog friendly' all year round the beach has many regular visitors at the weekends who come to walk then enjoy lunch afterwards at the Watering Hole pub. There is live music in several of the bars on a Saturday night, the Seiners Arms (just below the cottage on the edge of the beach) also has a traditional cornish music night on Tuesdays, and Perranporth has its own annual music festival 'Tunes in the Dunes', which is held on the beach at the end of June, this years' line-up includes Billy Ocean and John Newman, amongst others!
* SURFING: there are two surf schools, lessons from £20, board rental from £5/day.
* HORSE RIDING: Reen Manor Riding Stables. Try a ride along the beach at low water.
* GOLF: Perranporth Golf Club, along the dunes and cliffs above the beach.
* HIKING: Beautiful coastal walks, or a pub lunch.. Bolingey (1/2hr) Holywell (2hrs)
* MOBIUS: Surfing, Windsurfing, Kitesurfing, Rock Climbing, Boat Tours....
EATING OUT ~ A FEW SUGGESTIONS...
* THE BOATSHED: Fish and Chips!
* WILLOW: Friendly, family-run bistro, just around the corner, delicious menu all day.
* THE COVE: Cafe on the high street, watch the world go by
* JAIPUR: Indian restaurant on the high street, amazing food. Takeaway and delivery.
* JADE HOUSE: Chinese takeaway. Again, just around the corner.
* WATERING HOLE: Famous pub on the beach. Great from lunch to sunset.
* TAP HOUSE: in St Agnes, great burgers (or try the chilli moules), surfing videos. Catch the bus from Perranporth carpark to right outside their door!
PLACES TO VISIT ~
* LASER TAG: 15 minutes drive, Covert Combat a less painful version of paintballing. For ages 10+.
* THE EDEN PROJECT: 40 mins drive, Mediterranean and jungle bio-domes, Britain’s longest zip wire.
* TINTAGEL CASTLE: an hours drive, famous castle associated with the legends of King Arthur.
* CORNWALL FOOTBALL GOLD: 40minutes drive, outside St. Austell, a great family day out.
* MINACK THEATRE: an hours' drive, beautiful open-aired theatre at the south-westerly tip of the UK.
* ST IVES: 30 minutes drive, popular seaside village, artists and galleries, and Tate St. Ives.